Development Manager, Individual & Corporate Giving
Ballet BC is seeking a mid-level development professional to manage the corporate sponsorship and individual giving areas for an increasingly dynamic fundraising department for this leading contemporary ballet company. This role serves as the primary contact for the engagement of current corporate entities, while simultaneously overseeing the individual giving program with one direct report (Development Coordinator) supporting this area.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identification, cultivation and solicitation of corporate sponsors for the various programs (mainstage and outreach) of the company;
- Delivery of all sponsorship benefits (in collaboration with the marketing department), and stewardship of corporations to the point of not only renewing, but upgrading said sponsorship;
- Serving as the primary contact for the engagement of current corporate entities, with an expectation to place an emphasis on identifying prospects for future growth;
- With the guidance of the executive director, manager will design a plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding all individuals;
- Tracking the donor portfolio for the executive director, artistic director, and in some cases the board of directors, who are cultivating and soliciting major donors;
- Responsible, with the assistance of the development coordinator, for the engagement of donors who contribute up to $5,000;
- Oversight of donor engagement, including digital, written, and verbal communication, as well as the coordination of events;
- With the assistance of the events coordinator and development coordinator, execution of donor events;
- Oversight of donor records and donor database, including enforcing policies on data entry and gift acknowledgement.
Reports to: Executive Director
Ballet BC is seeking a Controller to provide operational support to the organization by managing the finance department including general accounting, financial reporting, annual budgeting and forecasting, income and cash projections, cash flow management and payroll. The position oversees the bookkeeper in the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
Financial Reporting, Management, and Controls
- Working in conjunction with operations, develops the annual operating budget as well as end of year income projections
- Prepares and analyzes actual performance against budget throughout the year and works with management to take corrective action as necessary to ensure annual financial objectives are achieved
- Prepares and analyzes monthly/quarterly financial statements and cash flow projections, and reports to senior management and the Board/Finance & Audit Committee
- Manages cash flow needs in conjunction with ED and other departments
- Takes ownership of the overall finance function, to ensure the appropriate controls and processes are in place and makes recommendations where gaps are identified
- Prepares and files any compliance based reports and ensures the organization’s compliance with external regulatory stakeholders including Canada Revenue Agency, CADAC, WorkSafe BC, federal/provincial/municipal grantors, and restricted fund donors, and Ticketmaster
- Prepares working papers for and liaises with external auditors on the year-end audit
Accounting and Other
- Maintains general accounting records and is responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the Company’s financial records
- Oversees bookkeeper in banking, accounts receivable, and accounts payable functions including monthly all reconciliations
- Prepares month end journal entries
- Administers payroll functions including maintenance of employee records
- Evaluates, negotiates, and recommends coverage for property and liability insurance and employee health benefits.
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Bookkeeper (part-time)
Intern: Patron Services Enhancement
Ballet BC is seeking an intern to analyze the current patron experience, research patron services in the arts, and design, as well as begin implementation of a patron services enhancement program.
Specifically, the intern would address:
- Evaluation of current ticket buyers, subscribers & donors (determine tiers of patron enhancement; create target segments for personal attention)
- Evaluate customer service delivery & capacity at BBC
- Propose patron enhancement deliverables for different tiers
- Develop a plan (short-term & long-term) for patron enhancement to be executed; include resources needed for plan execution
- Develop a measure of success for the patron enhancement program
- Begin to execute the patron enhancement program
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing and Development Manager
For the 2018–2019 Season, Ballet BC is looking for the following:
Ballet BC is seeking experienced female and male dancers interested in a diverse collaborative environment that focuses on the innovation and creation of contemporary dance. The artist should display strong classical training, have experience in contemporary dance and a passion for the creative process.
Ballet BC is looking for talented, young female and male graduates who have completed a professional training program to join the Ballet BC Apprentice Program. The program will take place between July 2018 and June 2019 and will provide apprentices with a weekly honorarium.
Summer Dance Intensive
We are also looking for young, aspiring graduate students who have completed a professional training program to attend our International Summer Dance Intensive in collaboration with Arts Umbrella in August 2018.
Please check back at a later date for more information about our 2018/19 open auditions in Canada, US and Europe.
Auditions are by appointment only. Please email a CV, photos, and video links to
auditions (at) balletbc.com.
CV: Including training, performance experience, full name, email address, phone number, and citizenship.
Photos: One head shot and one full-body dance photo.
Video: Link to high-quality stage or studio video, no more than 10 minutes in length, that displays a range of repertoire in contemporary ballet. Ladies should include use of pointe work.
We welcome and encourage dancers from across Canada.
Auditions take place at Scotiabank Dance Centre, 677 Davie Street.
THE NUTCRACKER AUDITIONS
Ballet BC is excited to present Alberta Ballet’s magical production of The Nutcracker during the 2017 holiday season!
Alberta Ballet is looking for boys and girls, minimum age of eight at the time of the performances. Height between 4’0″ and 5’10”. Senior roles require three years of ballet training. Applicants may pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations will be accepted at the door.
All dancers must commit to being present at all rehearsals and performances. Performances take place on December 28-30, 2017.
Sunday, September 10, 2017
Scotiabank Dance Centre, 677 Davie Street
Faris Family Studio
10:00am – 11:00am Check-in
11:30am – 12:30pm Heights ranging from 4’0″ to 4’5″
12:45pm – 2:15pm Heights ranging from 4’6″ to 4’11”
2:30pm – 4:00pm Heights ranging from 5’0″ to 5’10”
$20.00 (cash only please)
For more information about the audition, email Alberta Ballet.