Reports to: Executive Director
With the commencement of the 2018/19 Season, Ballet BC seeks an experienced Marketing Manager to join the team.
We are seeking a savvy marketing and communications professional with a passion for the performing arts to manage all aspects of the Company’s marketing and communications strategies on a full-time basis. The primary responsibility for the position is to manage the day-to-day marketing activities and implement strategies to stimulate sales, retain current patrons, and attract and engage new audiences. The ideal candidate will be an experienced marketer and exceptional copywriter who will work closely with all Ballet BC departments to develop and further the Ballet BC brand.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Create and activate marketing plans and timelines;
- Manage all advertising plans, production and placement;
- Manage all marketing collateral including design, production and distribution;
- Provide creative and professional copywriting for all marketing needs such as promotional collateral, season brochure, show programs, media releases, newsletters, website;
- Manage production of show programs including copywriting and coordination of all content;
- Liaise with and support contract service providers including publicist, designers, digital media suppliers, photographers, etc.;
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives for cross-promotions and new channels for collateral distribution;
- Liaise with senior management and related departments for integrated marketing promotions and communications.
- Oversee all digital communications including annual editorial calendar and digital images, and monitor digital analytics;
- Oversee content for all digital and social media marketing efforts;
- Oversee all updates, including content and images, for Ballet BC website.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Manage marketing budgets and reports;
- Process supplier invoices and budget entry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Able to set priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, ensuring a professional quality;
- Experience working in the arts and with artists is preferred, with particular interest in the mission, programs and future plans of Ballet BC;
- Working knowledge of the Canadian not-for-profit environment.
- Be committed to familiarizing themselves with Company rules and regulations;
- Maintain and communicate a positive image of the Company in all dealings both internally and externally.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the Company.
Interested candidates should submitting the following:
- cover letter
- 2-3 writing samples
Please submit application and supporting materials by June 8, 2018 5:00pm, via email to info (at) balletbc.com, Attention: Marketing Manager Search
Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Responsible for: Bookkeeper (part-time)
Ballet BC is seeking an experienced Director of Finance to provide financial leadership and operational support to the organization by managing the finance department including general accounting, financial reporting, annual budgeting and forecasting, income and cash projections, cash flow management and payroll.
Additionally, the Director of Finance is the primary liaison to the Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee (F&A), and is responsible for preparing all financial reporting to the F&A and the Board of Directors. The position also serves as the primary HR manager, updating and enforcing HR policies, including the Employee Handbook, time off, and the staff on-boarding and exiting processes. The position oversees the bookkeeper in all applicable accounting cycles, processes and reporting.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
Financial Reporting, Management, and Controls
- Working in conjunction with operations, develops the annual operating budget as well as end of year income projections
- Prepares and analyzes actual performance against budget throughout the year and works with management to take corrective action as necessary to ensure annual financial objectives are achieved
- Prepares and analyzes monthly/quarterly financial statements and cash flow projections, and reports to senior management and the Board/Finance & Audit Committee
- Manages cash flow needs in conjunction with ED and other departments
- Takes ownership of the overall finance function, to ensure the appropriate controls and processes are in place and makes recommendations where gaps are identified
- Prepares and files any compliance based reports and ensures the organization’s compliance with external regulatory stakeholders including Canada Revenue Agency, CADAC, WorkSafe BC, federal/provincial/municipal grantors, and restricted fund donors, and Ticketmaster
- Prepares working papers for and liaises with external auditors on the year-end audit
Accounting and Other
- Maintains general accounting records and is responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the Company’s financial records
- Oversees bookkeeper in banking, accounts receivable, and accounts payable functions including monthly all reconciliations
- Reviews month end journal entries
- Administers payroll functions including maintenance of employee records
- Evaluates, negotiates, and recommends coverage for property and liability insurance and employee health benefits.
- Updates and enforces policies of the Employee Manual
- Ensures federal and provincial employment laws are shared and followed
- Records and manages employee time off
- Takes ownership for administration aspects of new employee on-boarding and transition upon departure of an employee
Please email info (at) balletbc.com, Attention: Executive Director