Reports to: Finance Director
Ballet BC is looking for a well-organized accountant who has a passion for the arts and is an excellent verbal communicator and natural facilitator. As this leading contemporary ballet company expands, an accountant is needed to be an integral part of Ballet BC’s Finance department. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional to learn about and enhance the inner workings of an internationally recognized dance company, and assist a rapidly growing company become more effective and efficient.
We are currently seeking an experienced part-time Accountant who has the skills, initiative and personality to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this is a part-time role expected to require an average of 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in performing full cycle bookkeeping using QuickBooks Desktop / Excel;
- Accounts Payable: process vendor invoices and expense reports, generate timely payment, management of manual and electronic authorization of payments;
- Work collaboratively with the Development (Fundraising) Department to ensure accurate recording and reporting of all donations received through diverse payment systems;
- Accounts receivable: prepare invoices, post payments, collection activity on unpaid balances, preparation and processing of bank deposits;
- Reconciliations: Bank accounts, credit cards, petty cash, prepaid expenses and clearing accounts;
- Payroll & HR related: assist with payroll processing, manage payroll related remittances, maintain employee records and manage Worksafe BC payments and T4 NR. Organize and maintain financial files and internal accounting records in an increasingly paperless file system;
- Deal with bank or CRA or other government agencies when requested;
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Letter of Intent via email to financedirector (at) balletbc.com.
Attention: Finance Director
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, March 15, 2019.