Ballet BC is looking for a highly organized bookkeeper who is an excellent communicator and team player. As this leading contemporary ballet company expands, a bookkeeper is needed to be an integral part of Ballet BC’s Finance Department. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about and enhance the inner workings of an internationally acclaimed professional dance company and to assist this rapidly growing company to become more efficient and effective. We are seeking an experienced bookkeeper who has the skills, initiative and personality to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role may be parttime (minimum 30 hours per week) or full-time (40 hours per week).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage accounts payable, process vendor invoices and expense reports, generate timely payment,
management of manual and electronic authorization of payments
- Process payroll, manage payroll tax remittances, WorkSafeBC payments and filings, CRA filings
(tax slips, government subsidies, etc.)
- Full-cycle accounting including supporting the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, petty cash, prepaid expenses, clearing accounts
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all revenue streams: donations received through diverse
payment systems, presentation fees, expense recoveries, etc.
- Manage accounts receivable, prepare invoices, record payments, collect unpaid balances, prepare
and process bank deposits
- Record new capital expenditures, depreciation and maintain capital asset month-end schedule
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of accounting/bookkeeping courses/certificates or equivalent experience
- Consistently efficient, accurate and organized, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to manage
multiple tasks and meet required deadlines
- Minimum 5 years bookkeeping experience in a similar role
Open Until Filled (Previous deadline April 9, 2021)
Ballet BC is an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Ballet BC. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Ballet BC, we live, create, and work on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.